Friday 12 September 2014

Time to get a Facebook account?

I used to have a Facebook account a few years ago. It was a waste of time. I constantly received "friend" requests from people I'd never heard of, comments on my profile from people who were rude, pushy or perverted, and it was wasting an ever increasing amount of my time. When I realised that I was being slowly depressed by the hours I spent on Facebook I decided it was better to simply close the account.

I am, and always have been, happier to write and not so hot at being social, especially online.

Recently a friend of mine built (if that's the right word?) a page for my erotic romance novel "Remote Control". That was great until he suffered the misfortune of having his Facebook account deleted because Facebook no longer believe he is a real person. He has no idea why after almost two years on their site they decide that he's not real. (He is, I can vouch for him). The only way they offered for him to recover his account is unrealistic and clearly hasn't been thought through. He's very depressed about it and I don't think he's going to use Facebook again in the near future.

Now I'm left in the silly situation where I have a Facebook page, but my page manager can no longer get into it, and if I start a new account with Facebook, I don't think they will allow me to take control of my page? Would I have to create it again? Is that even allowed?

The more I think about it, the more I feel I should just let it go. The thought of getting into Facebook again, fills me with dread. I'm happy writing books and writing blog posts. The book is selling better than I ever expected and I'm working hard on the sequel. Things outside of Facebook are good and I don't want them to cast another cloud over everything.

1 comment:

  1. Much as we would like it if you dread the thought than it's not right for you & that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete